Thursday, January 27, 2011

yes, that's white chocolate: reflecting - one week (and then some)

tuesday, i was due for a one week reflection journal.  i screwed up and missed that one.  i know no one is reading this so, i suppose, i could go back in and edit the date - pretend to be the bestest blogger ever - but if this was ever about someone else, it certainly isn't anymore. 

i was a little busy tuesday night - getting dumped for a macbook.  internet, the best thing i can say about my relationship right now is 'it exists'

its way too soon in the "hey, remember how i said i wanted to leave? i changed my mind" process for me to express anything other than anger, frustration, dismay and doubts.  i maintain my previous stance on the importance of new experiences and a sense of independence for me and i'm going forward.  maybe after some more therapy, some more deep breaths, and some more time i'll have something nicer to say but, for today, saying 'okay, we'll try this again' is a lot.

but on to other things - there's this boy at work ;)

no, really, there is a boy at work, but it's not like that.  reece promised to send me pictures from that really-awful-conference they sent him to - he also promised to tell me awesome stories about inappropriate behavior and everyone knows i live for stories about inappropriate behavior - but so far, we're just sticking to the pictures. (bummer.)  my day has been kind of up and down, and right now the best thing i can say for this project is that running against my every impulse to be unfriendly granted me bright spots in this day.

since this all fell apart, my only real reprieve has been work and, while that isn't bad, it isn't exactly peace, light and joy, ya know? (and then i got home to do battle with my taxes - ew.)

i don't know how it happened and i don't know why, but i know that today, the only genuine smile i cracked all day was at the sight of the subject line "yeah, that's white chocolate" and a low-light snapshot of his heavily branded corporate dessert.  so today i'm being grateful for reece and, even though i missed the window to send cookies to his hotel, next week i'll drop a batch off in his office to say thanks because he's not a bad guy to have on the fringes of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment